Google
 

Friday, July 20, 2007

Tim Donaghy

ESPN is reporting multiple sources claiming the alleged referee is 13 year veteran Tim Donaghy

Here is his Covers.com profile. Nothing looks really out of the ordinary there, I'm sure it was just a game here and there. I'm not sure which games Donaghy has ref'd in the last 2-3 years, but I'm sure someone is researching that info as I type. It's going to be real interesting as more information comes out on this. The NBA sure did not need or want this, but I know Michael Vick sure is happy to not be receiving attention for once this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard something on ESPN Radio yesterday as I was driving that said something really interesting about the games Donaghy reffed:

The last ten or so games he had officiated where the Vegas line had moved from where it was set because of the public's betting more on one side, the public was right. Ordinarily the opening line will be right something like 55% of the time (because the oddsmakers know better than Joe Public), but in his games, the oddsmakers were wrong each of the last ten times.

Anonymous said...

The gambling issue aside, remember a horrible baseball ump by the name of Gregg ten or fifteen years ago. During the playoffs he would call pitches two feet off the plate strikes. I remember yelling at the television. It's kind of funny to me now. Getting old.