Google
 

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

UPDATE: CRAWFORD DONE FOR THE YEAR!!

NBA.com just announced the suspension of Joe Crawford for the rest of the year. David Stern was really left with no choice. He did what he had to do.

Oh... and that didn't take long. His wikipedia page has already been updated as well.

Update via NBA.com:
San Antonio’s Tim Duncan has been fined $25,000 for verbal abuse of a game official, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.
The incident occurred after Duncan's second technical foul and ejection, with 1:04 remaining in the third period of the Mavericks' 91-86 win over the Spurs on Sunday, April 15 at American Airlines Center.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Tim walk off the court calmly? First ejected for laughing, and then fined for cooperating with a horrible call. Wow... rough day for Duncan. I think I'm gonna email Mark Cuban about this.

Correction: Apparently Duncan called Crawford a "piece of S***" I guess it's standard anytime a player curses out an official to fine them, but I think under these circumstances the NBA should have cut Duncan a break. Either way - it's still just pocket change for the man making a little more than 17 mil per year. I think he can afford it.